There is no skill involved and no knowledge required in playing the baccarat game. This also means that Baccarat is purely a guessing game. Even if you have never played this game before, you can sit at the table and play just as well as anyone who has played this game for decades. This is one of the few games in the casino that can happen so, which is why Baccarat is an especially good game for beginners because you need no special knowledge.
The only part that is slightly confusing about playing mega888 baccarat is trying to understand the rules concerning the draw of the third card. But fret not, you don’t need to memorize these rules yourself because the dealer will know them. You can also always ask for a copy of those rules from the table If you wish to.
Baccarat Rules and Terms
1. All the 10’s and all the face cards are counted as zero.
(eg : 10, J, Q, K)
2. All the other cards from A’s to 9’s are counted at their face value
(eg : 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
3. No total can be higher than nine
When you go over nine, the score resets at zero. And if you get a two-digit number when you total up the cards, the first digit will be truncated.
(eg : a total of 14, will give a score of 4)
4. The term ‘Baccarat’ means zero. Some prefer to call it ‘Monkey’.
For example, if get a ten (10), it’s baccarat = zero. If you get a twenty (20), (eg two Queens), it is also baccarat = zero
Once again, the target is to have a total of nine or as close as possible to it. When either the player or the banker’s hand has a total of eight or nine, they are called a Natural, and that hand will be the winner. If both hands have an equal total, then it is a tie, and neither hand wins. In cases when neither hand gets an eight or nine, or if both hands get a total of zero, a third card will be considered. The winning team will therefore depend on the value of the third card.
This third card can be drawn by either hands or both, depending on a set of rules.
Rules for the third card
Note that it is always the player’s hand that goes first. After the player hand is finished, the banker hand will then take its turn.
- Hands of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5: DRAWS A CARD
- Hands of 6 or 7: STANDS
- Hands of 8 or 9: NATURAL (Banker cannot draw)
- Meaning if the player has any value other than 6, 7, 8, or 9, it will need to draw a card.
- Hands of 0, 1, or 2: DRAWS A CARD
- Hands of 7: STANDS
- The other possible total the banker can have are 3, 4, 5, or 6, and the decision as to whether or not a third card should be drawn will need to depend on the third card drawn by the player’s hand :
Now let’s have a look at a few examples,
- If the banker’s total is 3, then the banker draws a third card (unless the player’s third card is an 8)
- If the banker’s total is 4, then the banker draws a third card (if the player’s third card is a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7)
- If the banker’s total is 5, then the banker draws a third card (if the player’s third card is 4, 5, 6, or 7)
- If the banker’s total is 6, then the banker draws a third card (if the player’s third card is a 6 or 7)